WE PUT THE LOTS IN BURGER ZEALOTS.
Or was it the zeal?
We launched this joint in 2004 with a burger love hotter than our griddle and deeper than our fryer. Kinda sizzly like that too. In our not-so-modest opinion, the dime-a-dozen mega chain territory was pretty well covered. (Hats and hair nets off to them.) The same could be said for overpriced one-offs.
So instead, we brought you MyBurger. A Minneapolis-rooted, family-run gathering place complete with a little neighborhood know-how. A place where your burger is hand-made the way you like it, just as soon as you order it. Maybe a few seconds earlier if we hear you coming. And if that’s the case, you might want to have someone take a look at that muffler. Or take those cards out of your spokes. (C’mon. You’re not fooling anyone.)
ketchup • mustard • fried onions • sweet pickles on a brown buttered bun + fries
lettuce • tomatoes • mayo on a brown buttered bun + fries
all on a brown buttered bun + fries
- classic bacon cheese
- cajun bacon cheese
- mushroom & swiss
- bacon bleu cheese
- burger of the month (market price)
Just As Good
all on a brown buttered bun + fries
- Veggie burger
- Fish burger
- Turkey burger
- Grilled chicken burger
- Crispy chicken burger
- Kid’s burger
- Kid’s grilled cheese
- bleu cheese
- cajun spices
- jerk spices
- teriyaki sauce
- bbq sauce
- fried egg
- Salted Carmel
- Cookies & Cream
- sweet pickles
- fried onions
- dill pickles
- raw onions
- fountain drinks
- bottled soft drinks
- bottled juice/water
Stop in to see our sweet rotating tap and wine list.
(Not available at Skyway Location)
Give A Gift
A gift of delicious burgers….
Flippin’ Good Burgers
At MyBurger, we see tastebud trust as earned, not given. So we’ve kept it simple, with burgers good enough to bring a man-tear to your eye. And if getting fries right is a science, high school chemistry wasn’t a total waste after all.
Whether you opt for the humble Single or loaded-up Double, it comes your way on a just-puffy-enough, locally-baked buttered bun. Two parts oniony. One part ketchup-mustard-pickle-y. All real good-ly. Of course you can always request a custom job. If you’re comfortable messing with perfection.
So stop in, order up, grab a fistful of napkins and slide into your favorite seat for a griddle-seared quarter pound patty of you’re welcome. We’re here for you, buddy. And we gotta say, we kinda miss you between visits.
Get it Delivered:
Mac Groveland – Coming Soon!
Get it Delivered:
The MyBurger Burger Emergency Response Team
(“BERT”, for short) is ready to party with you.
Contact us today for availability, menus and more information! Please let us know the following: Date event is to be held, Type of event, Expected number of people to attend. Once your email is received, we will contact you.
MyBurger is NOW HIRING at ALL LOCATIONS!
Cashier and/or Shift Leads
We are looking for cashiers and shift leaders at MyBurger!!
We will train the right candidate starting as a cashier and transition to a shift lead as quickly as you are ready!
The hours are flexible. Nights and weekends are required for shift lead shifts (But not required of all shifts)
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, team-oriented restaurant environment, please keep reading.
Here are some details about the Cashier job opportunity: (Shift leads should excel at these points while displaying high levels of responsibility!)
– Some restaurant experience is preferred, but not required.
– We are hiring specifically for all shifts.
– You MUST have a great attitude and be respectful to all staff.
– Advancement opportunities will be available as we continue to expand in the Twin Cities.
– Shift Leaders start at $11/hour OR MORE plus tips.
Job Summary: Deliver superior guest service in a courteous and professional manner while maintaining a clean and sanitary work area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
-Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the restaurant.
-Maintains a clean, sanitary work area. Arrives clean, neat & in proper uniform.
-Reports to assigned work area and see manager for assigned duties.
-Takes orders from guests and can properly/efficiently handle cash/credit in a courteous and timely manner.
-Assists in the re-stocking of supplies in work area; notify management of all product needs.
-Make notice of customer complaints and direct them to the proper individual.
-Clean work area throughout shift and at closing.
-Assist in opening/closing at the end of the shift per instructions.
-Responsible for security of MyBurger supplies and property
-Report unsafe conditions, anticipate hazards, take safety precautions and report injuries promptly to direct supervisor.
-Ability to lead, direct, and train employees.
If you think you would be a great candidate for a Shift Leader at MyBurger, please submit your resume with a brief explanation of why we would be a good fit for each other! The opportunity for growth is endless right now with our expanding company!
We are now hiring Cooks and Kitchen Managers!
We will train the right candidate.
FULL time and PART time availability.
– Some restaurant experience is preferred, but this isn’t fine dining.
– Being able to speak Spanish is a plus, but not required. Kitchen Manager should be bilingual.
– You MUST have a great attitude and be respectful to all kitchen staff.
– We are frequently very busy, so you must be able to handle a lot of volume and stay focused.
– Restaurant hours are from 11:00 am to 10:00 pm, seven days a week.
– Training will be intense and you will be expected to learn and adapt quickly.
– Advancement opportunities will be available as we continue to expand in the Twin Cities.
-Compensation is based on experience.
** Please reply with your resume or fill out an application and bring to the any store!
Kitchen Manager opportunity:
-Must have experience managing or leading teams.
-Ability to work a variety of shifts-events.
-Bilingual is not required, but nice skill to have.
-Should have the ability to communicate and work with an AGM, and GM.
-Experience in fast casual dining or other.
-Experience with the hiring process.
-Ability to keep inventory and experience with ordering.
-Ability to work under pressure and keep staff motivated.
MyBurger is looking for additions to the management teams at all locations! If you are looking for a high-growth potential opportunity where you work with an emerging and rapidly growing company then read on for what a General Manager does! Note that we are also looking to hire in the Assistant position AND GM candidates who could handle multi-unit management would be considered!
General Manager Job Summary:
The General Manager is responsible for providing team leadership and focusing on store level operational, financial and personnel performance. This includes monitoring business results of the store, staff development and documentation, quality assurance, guest relations, inventory management, safety, security and being the central driving force for realizing and implementing operational improvements and changes.
Essential Job Duties:
– Builds a team of top performers by training and developing Assistant Managers; providing clear, consistent direction, clear performance feedback and recognizing individual and team contributions.
– Manages day-to-day operations of the store and oversees store management and budget compliance.
– Ensures that all employees are properly trained and performance feedback is provided on a regular basis.
– Works with District Manager to ensure adequate staffing and training needs.
– Provides coaching and counseling to employees in a timely manner.
– Makes personnel decisions regarding transfers, promotions, terminations and other employment decisions.
– Controls and manages turnover and communicates areas of concern to the District Manager.
– Processes operations, human resource and payroll related paperwork in a timely and efficient manner.
– Completes and processes store reports such as daily line up report, inventory, Sysco orders, bank deposits, Bite Squad/Foodsby, daily sales sheet, F&L Report and prep checklist.
– Completes bank deposit forms and related paperwork, and takes the deposit to the bank on days required by corporate.
– Ensures that employees are paid properly and receive appropriate benefits.
– Provides clear direction and ensures that employees are kept abreast of corporate communications, policy changes, etc.
– Manages employee breaks, shift changes, shift meetings, and line schedules.
– Develops schedules that ensures that the store is properly staffed all day/evening parts and sales volumes while maintaining the ability to provide excellent customer service.
– Builds sales and manages store budget including cost control of related labor and cost of goods sold.
– Controls proper inventory and purchases materials through approved vendors in a timely manner and in accordance with corporate policy.
– Possesses strong understanding of individual role as well as team dynamics and the importance of quality assurance throughout the store and company.
– Maintains courteous, professional and effective working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
– Identifies maintenance issues and establishes/implements protocols of when outside service is required or if maintenance can be completed by in-house staff.
– Ensures that safety and security standards are adhered to and that employees are properly trained in current position and knowledgeable of the company’s Safety Plan and Injury and Illness Prevention Program.
– Manages daily and weekly cleaning of the line, dining room, restroom, kitchen and patio.
– Resolves customer incidents and works to ensure a positive customer experience.
– Listens to staff suggestions for improving how work is done and guests are served. Gains management support as needed to act upon suggestions.
– Acts as a liaison between management and hourly staff to facilitate department operation (i.e. keep management appraised of hourly associate activities, issues, challenges, etc.)
– Understands completely all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
– Ensures that all guests feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service at all times.
– Ensures that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking and serving standards.
– Achieves company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
– Controls cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with company policy and procedures.
– Continually strives to develop your staff in all areas of managerial and professional development.
– Ensures that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the store’s preventative maintenance programs.
– Ensures that all products are received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are performed in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
– Knowledgeable of policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
– Ensures all staff understands their roles & responsibilities and how they can contribute to the store.
– Pays detailed attention to voids, orders without keying in, cash handling activities, shrinkage and waste in the store.
– Works with the District Manager and Talent Acquisition and Development Department to ensure all employees are properly trained in company policies and procedures.
– Minimum of Two (2) Years Restaurant Experience (Knowledge of Front of the House and Back of the House preferred)
– One (1) Year Supervisory/Management Experience Required
– High School Diploma Required; A.A. Degree Preferred
– Knowledgeable of Food Safety and Health Department Policies
– Serve Safe Certified
– Bi-Lingual in English and Spanish Preferred
– Must be computer literate and have knowledge of Windows environment using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
– Must have a professional level of written and verbal communication skills.
– Must be able to discern when written versus verbal communication is more effective and/or more appropriate.
– Must own personal reliable transportation to make deliveries, bank runs, ect.
– Must have ability to integrate individual work efforts to meet team objectives, processes and goals.
– Possess sound judgment, reasoning and problem Solving Skills
– Exhibits strong drive for results and success.
– Ability to self-motivate and self-direct.
– Strong leadership and delegation Skills
– Strong time management and organizational Skills
– Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
– Ability to develop positive working relationships with employees and customers.
– Ability to provide excellent customer service.
– Ability to lead and develop people.
– Ability to communicate (speak, read, write) in the primary language(s) of the work location.
– Possess excellent basic math skills and have the ability to operate a cash register or POS system.
– Ability to operate a PC, Fax, Scanner, etc.
– Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
– Ability to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
– Must have stamina to work 50 — 60 hours per week.
Make that juicy double count twice!
Looking for a way to eat for a cause (besides filling your own belly)?
We know you love MyBurger for the great taste. But what if you could use MyBurger to help raise money for your favorite charity as well? You can! Hold a fundraiser at MyBurger and help your organization by doing something you’re going to do anyway — eating your favorite burgers, fries and malts with family and friends!
Host a fundraiser for your organization (school, charity, team, random band of do-gooders, etc) at the either our Lake Calhoun or Stadium Village location, Sunday through Thursday from 4pm to Close.
MyBurger will donate a percentage of all sales (excluding sales tax) generated by your group at the fundraiser — the more people you bring in to eat, the more money you can make for your cause: We’ll provide all the information and marketing tools you’ll need to make your event a success.
Click here or use the handy form and we will send you an application to get your cause on!